Q: Who can enter?
- The awards are open to anyone; individuals and organisations of all sizes
Q: Can you only enter if you're in the UK?
- Not at all, we accept entries from all over the world. Our winners aren't just UK based either.
Q: Do you have to be a member of the IET?
- No, we welcome innovations from anyone
Q: Is there a fee to enter the awards?
- No, the awards are completely free to enter
Q: Can I enter more than one category?
- Of course and we welcome it! You can submit each innovation into a maximum of 3 categories. Our entry system is set up to allow you to duplicate your entry so just tweak each one to be relevant to the category.
Q: Can I enter with more than one innovation?
- Yes absolutely we want to hear about your work
Q: When is the shortlist announced?
- We make the announcement in September every year.
Q: Will I need to attend the ceremony?
- If you are shortlisted in any category then yes of course! Winners aren't announced until the night of the ceremony and we can't tell you sooner than that so make sure you book your tickets.
Q: Does it have to be commercialised or already launched?
- Not necessarily. Please check the scope of the category you wish to enter for more information
Q: Can I add supporting materials to my submission?
- Yes you can and these can be videos, photos or testimonials. You can add as many as you'd like, each one has a maximum upload size of 7MB.
You can also edit your submission and add more as you need before the deadline on 3rd July.
Q: Will my submission be published in the public domain?
- Yes the finalists and winners will be published through a variety of channels and available to the public