Q: Who can enter?
- The awards are open to anyone, individuals and organisations of all sizes. Some categories do have specific criteria which is clearly outlined in the scopes.
Q: Can you only enter if you’re in the UK?
- Not at all, we accept entries from all over the world. Our winners aren’t just UK based either.
Q: Do you have to be a member of the IET?
- No, we welcome innovations from anyone.
Q: Is there a fee to enter the awards?
- Some categories do include a fee however our Young Pioneer category is free.
Q: Can I enter more than one category?
- Of course and we welcome it!
Our entry system is set up to allow you to duplicate your entry so just tweak each one to be relevant to the category.
Q: Can I enter with more than one innovation?
- Yes absolutely we want to hear about your work.
Q: When is the shortlist announced?
- We make the announcement in September every year.
Q: Does it have to be commercialised or already launched?
- Not necessarily. Please check the scope of the category you wish to enter for more information.
Q: Can I add supporting materials to my submission?
- Yes, you can and these can be videos, photos or testimonials. You can add as many as you’d like, each one has a maximum upload size of 7MB.
You can also edit your submission and add more as you need before the closing deadline.
Q: Will my submission be published in the public domain?
- Yes, the finalists and winners will be published through a variety of channels and available to the public.